Word of Life Church of God
Journey Children’s Ministries
Come as you are!
Word of Life is a multi-cultural/multi-generational church in Renton Washington, united by our love for God and for one another.
Because of His love for us, our goal is to connect with and encourage others to join us in our life changing Christian Journey as we provide a ministry of hope.
We invite you to attend service in person or online at 10:30 AM on Sunday mornings. Come as you are in blue jeans, suits, and everything in between to learn about Gods Word and follow the example of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
who we are
A Renton, Washington Church of God
We are a diverse congregation united by our love for Jesus Christ and for each other. It is our belief that the Bible is God’s word, and that His teachings are simple. We follow His example by inviting all people to discover His truth and taste of His Goodness.
Psalm 34:8 (NKJV)
8a Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
To lead people to discover their purpose, find real freedom, and become authentic followers of Jesus Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Our diverse congregation is made possible by our commitment to doing things differently. We strive to be the kind of church that feels welcoming and accessible whether you have attended church your whole life, or if this is your first time.
Our mission begins with planting seeds of understanding to inspire deeper love that spreads beyond the walls of our church and into the surrounding community.
Connect – We actively seek authentic relationships with God, fellow believers, and our community.
Grow – We strive to develop a deeper understanding of God’s word, His love, and His purpose for each of us
Serve – We follow the call to serve God, serve each other, and provide a ministry of hope in our community.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
Word of Life believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. We are affiliated with The Church of God (Cleveland, TN), who has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth for a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Meet the Team
Ronnie and Michelle Parker
Pastor Ronnie has been the Senior Pastor at Word of Life since 2016. He retired from the Navy/Navy Reserve in 2001 after 22 years of service and continues to work in the welding industry. As a Pastor, he enjoys teaching and preaching God’s Word with simplicity. Pastor Michelle has worked in healthcare since 2007 and wears many hats in the ministry, serving as worship leader, women’s ministry leader, and children’s ministry director. She is passionate about prayer, praise and worship, and family. Together, Pastor Ronnie and Michelle have five adult children and one adorable granddaughter.
Roger F. and Alma Manuel
The Manuel Family have been part of the Word of Life Renton family since 1996. Brother and Sister Manuel served as greeters and ushers for many years. Currently, Brother Manuel serves on the church council providing great wisdom and plays an essential role on our team.
Tafi and Melissa Tuani
Tafi and Melissia Tuani have served at Word of Life in almost every available volunteer role. Previously they have been greeters, ushers, security, and parking lot attendants. They currently serve as our “Helps Ministry” Directors in addition to singing with the praise team. Brother Tafi serves on the church council, and the couple is passionate about serving the Lord by helping others to become spiritually healthy and strong. They enjoy spending time with their children, grandchildren, and extended family.
Brother Roger has played a major role at Word of Life over the years. He has served in various technical roles and currently serves as our media director in addition to serving on the church council.